Tuesday 29 March 2011

Ever fallen so recklessly …

In lust/admiration for a pattern.  I just did, and maybe I am deluding myself that I can actually do this but I am going to have a jolly good go.  I once remember my Gran telling me that the best way to learn to knit is to attempt something that you’re jolly well sure that you can’t knit.  If you’re passionate enough – you’ll do it, you’ll learn the new techniques needed along the way.

1301423742595

Looking at this gorgeous item, and reading the pattern carefully, (of course) the only thing that I think is going to give me trouble is short-row shaping and wrapping stitches, both of which I’ve never done before.  But, Hey, I’ll learn or not,  sink or swim, optimism or sheer stupidity, I’m not sure which.

The only other thing that daunts me about this pattern is the sheer amount of knitting involved – it’s 4ply you see – not something I am going to have done in a week.  Never committed myself to something this big before, not at all.  But, like I said, I am picking up my needles, having a go and going to learn a lot on the way.

The pattern itself came from this book, which seems to be filled with other gems, none quite as big as the dress though.

1301423821603

Ah well, wish me luck, where are me needles  then …

Love and Hugs Radders x

2 comments:

  1. that dress is gorgeous, I'm not sure if I would fancy that much knitting, but then I have a sewing machine and jersey fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not got any experience with sewing machines as such, but the dress is gorgeous isn't it. I am currently trying to decide on a colour, maybe something a bit brighter than the grey, although the grey is very elegant. Oh and BTW I'm nowhere near as thin as the model but this is not putting me off at all, it's making me more determined. Lovely to hear from you. Hugs Radders xx

    ReplyDelete