Thursday 10 March 2011

I am inspired …

archives

I am feeling positively inspired and excited. Having decided to apply to do a postgraduate degree in history (a subject I’ve always loved) ; I decided to reacquaint myself with the county archives, with a view to researching writing a couple of papers on historical subjects that interest me. I met one of the people who works there, I’m not going to embarrass him by naming him, and all I can say is that it’s so great to meet someone who is so obviously inspired and passionate about their subject – I’m inspired, I love history and I want to be that passionate and enthralled by the subject as well. It’s making me look at my subject in a whole new light, I’m positive, I can do this. Away I go … I’m so excited.

Something else that’s inspired me: I found this in one of my books today -

On some island I long to be

A rocky promontory, Looking on

The coiling surface of the sea.

To see the waves, crest on crest

Of the great shining ocean, composing

A hymn to the creator, without rest.

Collumcille

Thanks for reading.

Also check out this - it's lovely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82L8AaqA-Dc

Radders

No comments:

Post a Comment