Saturday 12 March 2011

Radders Loves Vintage

It all started with this … My Big Bag of Joy.

1299951684132

Which I bought from one of my favourite shops … Here …

1299944988626

It’s a fantastically colourful and cheerful shopping bag that I fell in love with.  So many people have asked where I got it from.  People have stopped me in the street to comment on it and ask where I bought it from.  My Big Bag of Joy came from one of my favourite shops Magpies on King Street in Carmarthen. (Number 11).

Sadly, independent traders in Carmarthen are disappearing at an alarming rate, due to both the recession and the big, brand new shopping centre in the middle of town.

But I like Magpies; it’s one of my favourites, it’s a fantastic shop if you want something unusual and beautiful as a gift or if you just want to treat yourself, then I’d highly recommend it.

1299945263902 1299945281329

It has beautiful surprises in every corner – at the back there is a nursery department/ toyshop – selling all those old-fashioned much-loved toys you thought had disappeared with your childhood as well as a few more modern toys.  The best thing is they’re all extremely high quality and well made, and come with quite a reasonable price-tag.  Moulin Roty teddy bears and soft toys are a speciality. (Sorry, I’m a big softie and I had to have a teddy bear too – oops! there goes my secret – please promise me you won’t tell anyone).

1299944944780 

Which brings me to my next passion – handbags.  Love, love, love these. Magpies has a fantastic selection including Troop, Charlotte Reid and Zandra Rhodes handbags – no wonder I love this shop.  Magpies also boasts cabinets of the most beautiful costume jewellery I have ever seen – a fantastic ever-changing selection as new designers are sourced.  Kitchen ware and home-wares are also catered for in abundance – again things you loved that your granny had in her kitchen that you never thought you’d see again.

1299945032771

I could stay in here all day – if the owners would let me of course (if there’s anything you can’t get or you want to see, just say and I’m sure they would be more than willing to accommodate you).  If you have any queries – 01267  234401.

Spent some time in their today, warm welcome out of the rain, but sadly had to come away empty handed – next pay day come quickly please.

Well worth a visit.

Magpies 11 King Street, Carmarthen, SA31 1BH

Bye for now Radders xx

No comments:

Post a Comment